A realization...

I think it's best if I just start wearing current styles. I know this will come as a shock to many of you who read, but it will make shopping a hell of a lot easier not having unattainably high standards. And I can just sew buttons for braces to keep lower rise trousers from slipping down my hips anyway.

The thing is, nobody but us cares about "classic style". The term is a joke and always has been. Style changes through the decades and there's little we can do to stop it. Plus my significant other said she likes me in slim fit suits. Happy wife, happy life, right?

So gentlemen, the whole "pseudo-vintage" look has been fun but I'm afraid you'll see a change in my outlook. If I'm no longer welcome in the classic menswear blogosphere, so be it. I can always go on Reddit or something.

Comments

  1. Wow Jovan...I think you and I are on the same wave length. Earlier today when I was getting dressed I had the same thought, I was trying to find something to wear and everything in my closet just looked old and stodgy to me. Then I thought to my self maybe I should just start wearing modern clothes but some how the thought of wearing modern clothes (especially some of the styles) just makes me cringe but I feel like I need a new look or maybe a new old look? I want to look pretty, feminine and sexy everyday and a lot of my clothes just don't make me feel that way, that is my everyday clothes do not but what I wear out at night does. Maybe I will try more vintage inspired instead or maybe some other more hipper eras...maybe I just want to look like Dita Von Teese every day??? Who knows maybe I am having a midlife crisis. But seriously, no joke, I had those exact same thoughts go through my head this morning....

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts