Paid assignments and other delays.

Hello, everyone.

Settling into Utah has not been without its challenges. One of them is finding stable employment, the other is having less time, money, and energy to do what I love because of that.

Tailor Cooperative, Salt Lake City

Fortunately, I've been writing some paid assignments recently, one of them was published the other week regarding the accuracy of '90s costuming in a Marvel Studios movie. Please feel free to let me know what you think about it in the comments below, since The Kavalier does not itself have a comments section for the blog.


I am also in the midst of writing a set of clothing care guidelines for a made-to-measure business in Salt Lake City that is considered, with good reason, to be the best. I am very excited to be working with them on this, as I've admired Tailor Cooperative's work and values for a while since arriving to the Salt Lake Valley. Here are a few pics I snapped of the shop during one of my visits.

Good policy.

Inside view of the store.

Nice looking topcoat.

True to their mission statement, they provide clothing for all genders. Having access to clothing as high quality as menswear for women, or anyone else born with a feminine body, is a convenient service for citizens of the Salt Lake Valley.

A couple more examples of their work and the aesthetic of the shop.

In short, I will be focusing primarily on paid writing and reviews where the product is provided or discounted. I'll also try to update whenever an article written for another website goes up, since not everyone has Instagram. (I am @nouveauvintagejovan if you are interested, though.)

I hope everybody understands. This blog has always been a passion project for me, but at a certain point I can only write so much when Google Ads gives me very little back for what I invest into it.

Comments

Popular Posts